Embers of the Legion - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Embers of the Legion - Official Forum

The official forum of Embers of the Legion WoW Private server.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thank You & Good Night

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Denyde
Head of Staff
Head of Staff
Denyde

Embers Credits : 8990

Thank You & Good Night Empty
PostSubject: Thank You & Good Night   Thank You & Good Night Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm not sure how to start this, so i'll just say it: I'm shutting down Embers.

This was a decision that i have been thinking about for several months. Primarily, I do not have the motivation to run it. I have always said i do this for the community, but the community that i loved and supported for almost two years does not exist anymore, and whats left is not the same to me. Additionally, my involvement as a member of the TDB dev team takes the majority of my wow time, leaving me without sufficient time for efforts here. So, for those reasons and several more not mentioned, I am not going to be running this server any longer.

All is not lost though! I am partnering up with reno, a good friend of mine who also hosts and maintains a trinity server (and has for years as well). Along with reno, we will have his core and db team (yes, he has a full-on devs who know c++ and mysql) and also a member of the TrinityCore dev team who be helping out as well. We will split responsibilities, starting a fresh server with a new name and new char/realm db. The rates will be 1.5x, the client will be 3.3.2, and it will have a lot of new data and functionality. It will be a no-nonsense pvp realm, with strict GM control, strong moderation rules, no migrations, no custom items, and as fully blizz-like as possible.

I look for this new server to be a clean slate. I invite all of you to join me, but dont worry about offending me if you choose not to. When we are ready, i will post a link to the new site. At the earliest, it will be Sunday, as that is the earliest the next TDB update is to be released.

For those of you wondering what will happen here in the mean time, I am going to keep it running. I will probably overlap it for a week or two as people patch up or transition somewhere else. I will also preserve the backups of the Embers databases. If someone presents to me a compelling reason to release this data, i will freely pass it along to him/her.

Although this moment is, in a way, saddening, I see it more as an opportunity. Things here seem to have gotten stale; attitudes sour. This new server will give anyone coming along the chance to make new friends in a new community that we'll be able to define and sculpt. I've had a lot of fun running Embers and playing WoW with you guys. Hopefully i'll see some of you again soon!

Thank You & Good Night Sign3
Back to top Go down
jenelia
Administrator
Administrator
jenelia

Embers Credits : 6541

PostSubject: Re: Thank You & Good Night   Thank You & Good Night Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:35 pm

I pulled this from another topic as I feel it belongs here. Wacco, thank you for your words. I could not have done better myself. If no one has seen this, please read it here. I have a few comments at the end.

Wacco wrote:
I dont think you guys comprehend what is happening here, and i hope i dont go outta place to try and explain this...

First i understand what you guys are saying about losing your characters, you put alot of effort into leveling them, but understand thats the nature of the beast, thats part of the game. I would venture to say that everyone of you guys, after achieving lvl 80 and then dancing around the entire world for a few days, started a new character... right? You began lvling a new one, from scratch, and started all over again. This isnt really any different, i know it seems like its alot because your gonna lose something that you have put alot of effort into, understandable and frustrating, i know, but its horrible unfortunate but thats the risk you run with private servers.

Now thats looking at it from your standpoint, but take a look at it from Den's stand point. This game takes up so much time and attention of the Admin/Devs/GMs that unless you have done it you cannot quite grasp the amount of effort it takes. The Admin/Devs/GMs cant even grasp on top of that how much time it takes out of Dens life to keep this server running. If he has stuff to do in his personal life and cannot put that much time and effort into running this, then it is great that he has realized that and is taking action. We should appreciate and respect him for what he has given us in the time that he has given it to us, and all the effort that has been putting into keeping this server running for your entertainment. I think sometimes we take for granted what we have when it is so readily available, and we shouldnt...

Thanks for everything Den, its been a good ride!

Also remember that this other server is a new server that Den will just be helping with, to migrate characters from another server would be insulting to the other individual running the server. Everyone will start from lvl 1, there is no unfair advantage there.

Everyone must know that this decision was not made overnight, nor was it an easy one to make.

I have known about this for some time and have been racking my brain on how to tell everyone when the time had come. Den has done a wonderful job explaining, as well as Wacco. You have to know that we want nothing more than the best for the players and the community.

When Den had told me of the idea initially, I will be honest; I had my doubts saying that I didn't want to level again and such. That was my intial reaction, as all of you are experiencing now. But after realizing what Den has sacrificed and is trying to do for us, I became more and more excited and welcomed the new idea! I mean, 1st of all, having one person on the TDB dev team (gratz again Den) on the team is great! We got some inside look as to what was up and coming and if it was stable enough in order for us to move to it. A majority of other servers out there just jump in with guns blazing and then realize, oh shit, we shouldn't have done that. Den has ALWAYS made sure that the core was stable enough for us. But as Den and Wacco had said, it is time comsuming.

Under this new server, we have 2 people on the TDB dev team. As Den has always said, 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I hope that everyone can see that this is a GREAT opportunity for the community - to rebuild that which was lost! The server that we are partnering up with is a wonderful community as well! I have been over on their server so i could meet the community. They are just as wonderful as the people here!

I know that everyone is dreading the fact that we have to level up again, however, under this new tight-gripped team, it will be an unforgetable experience. The decision to not offer migrations or have custom items was made simply because that we want a total blizz-like experience. We can have that now with the team that we are working with!

I hope that you will welcome this new server and join us there! I hope that the friendships that have been made here, continue on to the new server, along with forming new ones as well! if you choose not to join us, we understand. Den is giving everyone a chance to get their necessary screenshots now keeping the server open if you choose to go else where.

Again, this decision was made to better help the community. if anyone wants to just talk, i'm always available thru PM'g on the forums or IM (info is on forums). Thank you again for a wonderful time! And i hope to see you all on the new server! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jenelia1214
jenelia
Administrator
Administrator
jenelia

Embers Credits : 6541

PostSubject: Re: Thank You & Good Night   Thank You & Good Night Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:16 pm

The Forums are being closed today. As you may have noticed, you will not be able to reply or create a new topic. Take care everyone. You have been given the information if you choose to go on. Hope to see everyone soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jenelia1214
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank You & Good Night   Thank You & Good Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thank You & Good Night
Page 1 of 1