Embers of the Legion - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Embers of the Legion - Official Forum

The official forum of Embers of the Legion WoW Private server.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rememberance Of 9/11

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
grimveteran
Contributer
Contributer
grimveteran

Embers Credits : 5731

Rememberance Of 9/11 Empty
PostSubject: Rememberance Of 9/11   Rememberance Of 9/11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:51 am

I am part of a small group of people on MSN that are makng an effort to remember 9/11 in the video games that our counrty allows us to play. For some of you i know that dont live in our country im sure you know but incase you dont. 9/11 was the day the twin towers in new york city was struck by hijacked planes piloted by terrorists so ill be in game in a moment. We have choosen to have moments of silence at the times the 2 towers collapsed and we lost so many lives of people in the towers and the firefighters in there to rescue them 9:59 and 10:28. If you miss the times please have a moment to yourselve to remember the loss of life we incurred on this day.
Back to top Go down
Nayana
Administrator
Administrator
Nayana

Embers Credits : 6097

PostSubject: Re: Rememberance Of 9/11   Rememberance Of 9/11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:02 am

We definitely have to remember the past to learn from it, respect those whose lives were lost, and try and see how things can change in the future to prevent things like that from happening again.
Back to top Go down
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Embers Credits : 5802

PostSubject: Re: Rememberance Of 9/11   Rememberance Of 9/11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm not prone to civilian type celebrations/remembrances (being an old Vietnam Vet). The only day that I observe without fail is Veterans Day. But I spent the day thinking about the events of the day and it's effect on this nation in general and the survivors of those killed in particular.

Statistics of Note: The 9/11 attack killed a total of 2993 people. Compare this with 2403 killed at Pearl Harbor in WWII. Suffice to say that the terrorists (and the countries that hide/support them) are getting off easy. We dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan for less.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mnsdesigns.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rememberance Of 9/11   Rememberance Of 9/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rememberance Of 9/11
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Embers of the Legion - Official Forum :: News-
Jump to: