Embers of the Legion - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Embers of the Legion - Official Forum

The official forum of Embers of the Legion WoW Private server.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ferocious Lag

Go down 
+6
Denyde
Turk
Rui
Nayana
Nox
Cadeyrn
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Embers Credits : 5802

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:39 am

Anyone else experiencing this? Multiple speed tests of my Internet connection shows an average of 7 MB down and 753K up. No AV or firewall running. Latency is over 3000. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.mnsdesigns.com
Nox
Know It All
Know It All
Nox

Embers Credits : 5752

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:41 am

Same here, my net works perfectly, yet i have epic lagg for no reason, 4k+.

EDIT:

Ferocious Lag F_n5usm_ccbbc06
Back to top Go down
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:45 am

Sounds like the server needs to be flushed. lol
Back to top Go down
Nayana
Administrator
Administrator
Nayana

Embers Credits : 6097

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:10 am

Nope, try clearing cache tho.
Nox's net has always sucked Mad
Back to top Go down
Nox
Know It All
Know It All
Nox

Embers Credits : 5752

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:15 am

Nayana wrote:
Nope, try clearing cache tho.
Nox's net has always sucked Mad

Restarting the server changed nothing, still having epic lagg. Clearing cache didn't work. And NO, my net works fine.

EDIT:

This just SUCKS. Keeps dc'ing me all the time.
Back to top Go down
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:57 am

Well I KNOW my internet is just fine. I'm getting d/c-ed a lot too. This just started this morning.
Back to top Go down
Rui
Forum GOD
Forum GOD
Rui

Embers Credits : 6236

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:01 am

same here. the only thing that i have issues loading on firefox is the server site and i get DCed a lot and have long log in times. ill try clearing my cache. also i get massive lags too :S
Back to top Go down
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:00 am

It'd definitely a server-side issue. Even the server site is up, then down, then up... which leads me to believe it's either the server or the Internet connection on the server's end. Sad Out of curiosity, Does anyone having problems atm have Comcast as an ISP?
Back to top Go down
Turk
Administrator
Administrator
Turk

Embers Credits : 7501

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:21 am

jeeeeeb guys, if i see it rigth it is a fresh issue, let's jsut wait for Den before cursin anything, shall we?
Back to top Go down
https://embersofthelegion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Rui
Forum GOD
Forum GOD
Rui

Embers Credits : 6236

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:53 am

i have comcast cade :S
Back to top Go down
Denyde
Head of Staff
Head of Staff
Denyde

Embers Credits : 9028

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:13 am

ok...first of all, this is posted in the wrong section....second of all, there is nothing wrong w/any connections that i can see. Nothing in logs, responds perfectly fast when i log in to terminal, website loads fine, i have 103ms latency ingame...i'd say its pretty clear that you have an issue on your end...that or its "fixed" itself at this pt...

Last edited by Denyde on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mobeus

Embers Credits : 6049

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:45 am

Start Click Run
Enter cmd.exe
type in IPCONFIG /release
wait for confrimation
type in IPCONFIG /renew
wait for confrimation
type in IPCONFIG /flushdns
wait for confrimation
Try and login

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Wardemon
Administrator
Administrator
Wardemon

Embers Credits : 6917

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:02 pm

server is fine but the connection point to server must be messy.
Meaning that your computer connects throught one server park to another and the "park" it connects throught is now laggy.
Some parts of world to server work just fine.

Must be some storms out there, nothing we can do but wait it to go away. usually they get fixed quite soon or rerouted. Just be patient.
Server lags are minimal so its not its connection.
Back to top Go down
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:52 pm

OK, first of all, I didn't know exactly where to post this thread so the Help section seemed a good place. My apologies of it wasn't.

Second of all, I went through several different processes to reach the determination that the problem was not on my end. It's not.

I pinged the server IP (iWeb Technologies Inc.) up there in Montreal, Canada, with a 32ms average response. Not too much wrong there.

A Traceroute showed 11 hops. The first 3 were in the US and took an average of 0.75ms each. The next six hops went through Dallas (6.4ms), Ashburn (45ms), New York (45ms), Montreal (49ms), Montreal (49ms), iWeb Montreal (49ms) and finally the server (51ms) (290ms total).

I did the whole clear WoW cache thing, killed temp files and temp internet files, virus AND malware scanned, flushed my DNS, did the ipconfig routine AND rebooted my modem (Comcast hates that. lol).

I did these things BEFORE I posted here because I wanted to be darn sure it wasn't on my end. (Being an MCSE certified tech makes you anal about things like that).

This is how I reached my conclusion above. If it is INDEED erroneous, I apologize.
Back to top Go down
Denyde
Head of Staff
Head of Staff
Denyde

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:49 pm

is it everywhere or certain areas? Does it spike? Please give more details about the lag you experience...
Back to top Go down
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:54 pm

I give up. Prior to today I could login and it flew through the process. Now it hangs during authentication. Once logged in latency is 40ms or less, but soon shoots up to between 3000 and 7000ms. If I don't get DC-ed, I'm stuck and can't logoff or Exit Game, I have to kill it through the task manager. It's on all three characters. Cadeyrn/Booty Bay, Catigern/Darnassus and Cadigern/between Darnassus and points east.
Back to top Go down
Natural
WoW Genius
WoW Genius
Natural

Embers Credits : 6032

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:57 pm

I'm in Iowa, USA... 85ms consistently. Haven't DC'd or lagged at all.

I use Qwest Internet with a 3MB connection.
Back to top Go down
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:37 pm

*shrugs* I don't know what the deal is, Nat. I'm in New Jersey and this just started this morning. Den's in Colorado and has no problems either. My latency is rarely over 45ms. if it is, there are a lot of folks playing and a BG is in progress, but it never goes above 125ms even then. Sad
Back to top Go down
Nayana
Administrator
Administrator
Nayana

Embers Credits : 6097

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Sounds like you may have a worm.
I would grab the latest Ad-Aware free version and possibly also Spybot S+D.
If it's not that then it's likely an ISP issue, not from your house to the ISP, but within their core, which means it's probably widespread.
Back to top Go down
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:34 pm

As of 6:30 PM EST everything is back to normal... 33ms latency and no DC's. I'd love to see an explanation for this mess. lol
Back to top Go down
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:37 pm

Nayana, I'm a tech and have SpyBot, AdAware and Malware Bytes. None of them found a thing running in Safe Mode with the System Restore turned off. Neither did Avast nor AVG. It's a complete mystery.
Back to top Go down
Denyde
Head of Staff
Head of Staff
Denyde

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:00 pm

hehe....i cranked up alll the logs...i will review them at a later time...XD
Back to top Go down
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:36 pm

I really don't mean to be a PITA, Den. It was just frustrating as hell. Sad

BTW, when you see Cadigern on would you please inv to Nomads?
Back to top Go down
kennu
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Embers Credits : 5410

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:34 am

i live in Estonia and have the same problem.
i play for a while and then- major lagg.
Back to top Go down
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:41 am

We'll see what the problem is after Denyde gets a chance to go through the server logs. As has been said, it may well be between players and the server with no problems on either end. There IS such a thing as what we techs call a "blackhole router". It used to be a bigger issue back in the days when there was nothing but dialup internet. It's not as common now however. As an FYI, a "blackhole router" allows data packets to stream in, but it doesn't pass them back out completely, hence there being errors/loss of data and the whole connection slows down or dies completely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ferocious Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferocious Lag   Ferocious Lag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ferocious Lag
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Embers of the Legion - Official Forum :: Help section-
Jump to: