Embers of the Legion - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Embers of the Legion - Official Forum

The official forum of Embers of the Legion WoW Private server.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wardemon
Administrator
Administrator
Wardemon

Embers Credits : 6923

Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P Empty
PostSubject: Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P   Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:57 pm

This should clear things up. Yes weve been hacked and databases are gone and badly damaged.
I might be able to get some characters saved from 4th of september day but all after that are gone.
We work ways to get you your chars back, migration, special week of leveling etc.

First thing now is to make server up again so we can start again but for time being, your accounts and chars are gone.
I inform more soon to you all. I try make server run tonight so we can start migrate some ppl.
Back to top Go down
Aoi
Contributer
Contributer
Aoi

Embers Credits : 5743

PostSubject: Re: Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P   Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:08 pm

So KL situation all over again? Except that people are working on fixing it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bitterjesus
Xileos
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Xileos

Embers Credits : 5699

PostSubject: Re: Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P   Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:16 pm

Sad That sucks...oh well, at least I didn't have a bunch of level 70 chars. or anything, so I don't have to cry. Take your time. I've got minesweeper to keep me occupied.
Back to top Go down
hexenhanced
Contributer
Contributer

Embers Credits : 5731

PostSubject: Re: Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P   Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:29 pm

We should take this opportunity to change to an ascent emu
Back to top Go down
Denyde
Head of Staff
Head of Staff
Denyde

Embers Credits : 9034

PostSubject: Re: Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P   Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:47 pm

The last good backup was made 9/11/08.

This is newest, safest version of the core, much better than last. You should notice many things improved. I'm sorry we had to have such a set back to the char db. Stay tuned to the news forum for updates. All is not lost or destroyed, we have the raw data, although its corrupted. This is not like KL, but its a definite setback. We can only learn from the situation and do our best to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P   Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats happening? why server not up? omg I cant login? etc etc. :P
Page 1 of 1