Embers of the Legion - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Embers of the Legion - Official Forum

The official forum of Embers of the Legion WoW Private server.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server Back Up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Denyde
Head of Staff
Head of Staff
Denyde

Embers Credits : 9041

Server Back Up Empty
PostSubject: Server Back Up   Server Back Up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:39 am

I'm stuck at work and the stuff i need is at home. So, the server will be down a few hours. Sorry for the inconvenience. bounce

Last edited by Denyde on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denyde
Head of Staff
Head of Staff
Denyde

Embers Credits : 9041

Server Back Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Back Up   Server Back Up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Ok well...i will break down the situation for you here:
  • WHAT HAPPENED: Due to a freak occurrence between the server and the database, the current data was nuked. There is 100% loss of current data (meaning, we can't get at the current data in any way, shape or form).

• THE SOLUTION: We are rolling back two days to a backup i made Tuesday night, my time. The server will restart as if it were approx. 10pm GST (-7 GMT) 12/30/08.

• WHAT ARE WE DOING TO PREVENT THIS IN THE FUTURE: I will be implementing a daily backup system that will augment my periodic backups. Thus, protecting us better from future issues. Our host is also doubling the memory and hard drive space on our server machine. This should alleviate the issue that caused this, as well as most, if not all, of the lag spikes we get occasionally. I also will soon implement an auto-restarter (this weekend), so, if the server goes down, it will restart without GMs baby-sitting it.

I want to personally apologize for any lost efforts you guys will experience. I will do my best to back up the server on a more frequent basis so we lose LESS data should something like this happen again. I think this is a one-time occurrence that will be completely resolved when we upgrade our hardware (sometime soon). That being said, I will be raising many rates for the next few days in order to make up for not only the downtime today, but the lost data.

Thanks for understanding. We will continue to provide for you the best wow experience we can. W0000t Embers! afro
Back to top Go down

Server Back Up
Page 1 of 1