Embers of the Legion - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Embers of the Legion - Official Forum

The official forum of Embers of the Legion WoW Private server.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cannot Login After Patch

Go down 
+5
Denyde
Iroh
DNA
Mac
Sealco
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sealco
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Embers Credits : 5709

Cannot Login After Patch Empty
PostSubject: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:01 pm

Today when I tried to start WoW, the auto-patcher started and installed WotLK. But, now when I try to log-in it either says incorrect information or unable to verify game version. Also, the realmlist.wtf file now reads:

set realmlist wowdb.ath.cx
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set portal us

Is there anything I need to change to get back online? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mac
Know It All
Know It All
Mac

Embers Credits : 5754

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:50 pm

Sealco555 wrote:
Today when I tried to start WoW, the auto-patcher started and installed WotLK. But, now when I try to log-in it either says incorrect information or unable to verify game version. Also, the realmlist.wtf file now reads:

set realmlist wowdb.ath.cx
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set portal us

Is there anything I need to change to get back online? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seems like the latest patch was released today on Blizz so it hasent been applied to this server yet..u just have to wait...or get back the old version of the game
Back to top Go down
DNA
DNA

Embers Credits : 6135

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:28 pm

Noticed some players have encountered this problem so in the future to prevent future cases like this go to your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft folder find WoW.exe and create a shortcut to your desktop and use this to run your game! NEVER use the launcher.exe cause this will launch the auto-patcher which updates to Blizz changes...not to our server's...

And yes you will have to download till patch 2.4.3 to do so follow these steps:

go in your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data folder and delete the patch.mpq file. After you have deleted this file run the repair.exe in your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft folder and this will downgrade you from 2.1 to 2.0.
Then just reinstall all the patches till 2.4.3
hehe yeah iroh 2.4.3 ^^ tnks for the observation

Last edited by DNA on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iroh
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Iroh

Embers Credits : 5774

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:46 pm

DNA wrote:
Noticed some players have encountered this problem so in the future to prevent future cases like this go to your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft folder find WoW.exe and create a shortcut to your desktop and use this to run your game! NEVER use the launcher.exe cause this will launch the auto-patcher which updates to Blizz changes...not to our server's...

And yes you will have to download till patch 2.3.4 to do so follow these steps:

go in your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data folder and delete the patch.mpq file. After you have deleted this file run the repair.exe in your C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft folder and this will downgrade you from 2.1 to 2.0.
Then just reinstall all the patches till 2.3.4

you mean 2.4.3? Razz Razz
btw happy birthday molimo hehe What a Face jocolor What a Face
Back to top Go down
Denyde
Head of Staff
Head of Staff
Denyde

Embers Credits : 9046

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:30 am

I suggest downloading patches from 3rd parties. That way you can store the files on your own. I, personally, have the all of the patches and game installs on burned DVDs...
Back to top Go down
OutOfExile
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Embers Credits : 5690

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:52 pm

I was playing WoW perfectly here but since the update (I changed the realmlist to what it's supposed to be) I can't log in. Is the server not updated or something
Back to top Go down
OutOfExile
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:58 pm

I guess I'll have to downgrade it then Crying or Very sad Is there any way you guys will be able to upgrade it to Lich King
Back to top Go down
cloudman
Know It All
Know It All
cloudman

Embers Credits : 5747

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:03 pm

Same thing here, updated also to 3.0.2, and can't login , is the servers going to be updated ?? I do have all the patches saved downloaded from third partys
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Michael-Cloud/100000766858076?ref
cyberwar38
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:12 pm

Ive followed these instructions. When I delete the file "repair.exe" says its corrupted and you have to reinstall. Ive reinstalled and run the patches but it keeps forcing me to update.
Back to top Go down
aeryk
Know It All
Know It All

Embers Credits : 5756

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:34 pm

Cyberwar, and everyone else, here are some things you might be overlooking. I'm not calling you stupid--I'm just not sitting at your computer so I can't tell if you're doing exactly what the rest of us did to get this going. Make sure that:
--You did update MANUALLY to 2.4.3 and no further. By that I mean getting each patch separately from the bottom up to 2.4.3 and installing them in order. They're all located here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors
--When editing your realmlist.wtf file, you removed the "set patchlist..." line.
--Your shortcut links to WOW.exe rather than Launcher.exe. This is critical--the files have the same icon, but one of them updates you and one doesn't. If you click on it and see an update being downloaded, cancel it faster than a Vanity Fair subscription and change the shortcut link--that's the wrong file! If you are being "forced" to update, you may well be opening the Launcher by mistake.

For the rest:
I don't doubt that the server will be updated eventually. Don't expect it to be soon, though. It takes time for the developers to code the updates, and unless you want a buggy product you have to wait a couple months or pay fees.

Why Blizzard would release an update one bloody month before WLK comes out is beyond me anyway. Bastards.
Back to top Go down
Iroh
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Iroh

Embers Credits : 5774

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:05 am

The best tips: always start with WoW.exe and set patchlist wowdb.ath.cx too What a Face
Back to top Go down
DNA
DNA

Embers Credits : 6135

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:15 am

cyberwar38 wrote:
Ive followed these instructions. When I delete the file "repair.exe" says its corrupted and you have to reinstall. Ive reinstalled and run the patches but it keeps forcing me to update.

I said delete the "patch.mpq" file...not the "repair.exe"
>.<

tongue
Back to top Go down
cloudman
Know It All
Know It All
cloudman

Embers Credits : 5747

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:25 am

I have a good site for the patches, this is the site I used. well after going to the other site mentioned and getting confused anyway.
this site is user friendly or at least more user friendly than the site mentioned

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Games/Patches/WOW/

great site to get the patches at, and also fast download at least for me, I downloaded them at 300kbs

I have XP Pro with SP2

Hope this helps!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Michael-Cloud/100000766858076?ref
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Login After Patch   Cannot Login After Patch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cannot Login After Patch
Page 1 of 1