Embers of the Legion - Official Forum

The official forum of Embers of the Legion WoW Private server.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ideas for re-migration

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aeryk
Know It All
Know It All

Embers Credits : 3662

PostSubject: Ideas for re-migration   Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:58 pm

WE GOT F*@#ED!!!

I just wanted to put that there so nobody, and I mean NOBODY, makes this a thread of "Oh god, this sucks, and the GMs should give us everything we had because I'm a selfish narcissistic player who believes GMs don't have any lives of their own and are here to serve our every whim." Okay? This is a thread about solutions. The GMs are a lot more pissed than we are about the hack. Believe me. NO RESPONSES to this section of the post, for the love of god! Smile The only responses I want to see here are ideas for how we can (fairly, and practically for the GMs) make up for getting screwed by some loser who has nothing better to do than ruin other people's fun.

That said, I'm a player, and I got screwed too, so while losing six weeks of endgame play blows, getting back six weeks of endgame playing would kick ass. I know it won't happen fully, so here are a few ideas I want to propose to make up for it. None of these ideas are solutions to ONLY my problems; the problems these solve have been griped about by every single player I have talked to.

1. Complete the class quests for those that are integral to the class (and level one pet per hunter). These take a LONG damn time, especially if you're a warlock, hunter, or horde shaman.

2. Please give the 70s an extra 600g so we can buy riding 150. Is an epic mount really an unfair request? If you want to scale it, you could give people 30g for every level they have over 50. For example, if you're level 57 you would get 7*30=210g.

3. Extra tokens. Up to y'all GMs, of course, but after two months we have surely ground out SOMETHING more than the basic migration (and yes, thanks for the 2.5x rep).

4. Why not have a bag vendor? Two (hell, three) 16-slotters for each 70. Make a quest giver in OG and SW and the criteria for getting the quest being lvl 70, the bag(s) being the reward.

5. If I were to ask every 70 what the worst thing to do in the game is, I'm pretty sure every person would unanimously agree that FARMING SUCKS. Many--hell, most--of us had crafted gear, so what would be really great would be a vendor with which we could exchange tokens for materials! Make special "materials tokens" for this vendor, and give three per level above 60; thus, if you're lvl 70 you get 30, and if you're 61 you get three.
--One embers token for 3-5 (you decide) basic primals,
--One token per primal might
--3-5 (again, you decide) tokens per primal nether (not purchaseable below 70)
--One token per specialty craft-material (primal mooncloth, cobra scale, rare gem, whatever--yes, I know, tough to include everything)
The list goes on.

This last idea serves two purposes. First, it gives us a system of restoring some of our lost gear. Second, it's fair. With this system, we, the *players* can decide how to un-f*ck ourselves, and nobody is getting more than anyone else. It removes the burden the GMs have of providing gear for every damn person in the game, instead consolidating the restitution system into one streamlined and equitable process. Furthermore, you won't have to deal with liars this way, since you're giving the same thing to everyone. Yes, it will require effort on the GMs' part (if I had coding ability I would do it myself), and if it is TOO MUCH work I understand... but if it can be done, this would greatly help appease the tortured players who only have a scant hour or two daily to keep our characters up (as well as the obsessed levelers).

Anyway, that's all I have. Consider, approve, and reject as you will; I won't bitch about it either way, but hopefully something here will both satisfy the players and is feasible for GMs to implement. Thanks in advance, and thanks again for everything you do to keep this place running and running well; let's keep it the best place to be.

Now that I've had a few beers, I feel a little less f#cked over, but I know it's the booze talking. Hope these ideas are still decent Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katje
WoW Genius
WoW Genius

Embers Credits : 3808

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:23 pm

Well done Aeryk. I think you nailed everything we were talking about, lol. I also hope that the GM's will think that we are taking it pretty good by coming up with ideas and solutions to help one another, instead of demanding everything they once had, back. No, we won't have EVERYTHING, but getting as close as we can is still pretty damn good. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vendég

PostSubject: Ideas for re-migration   Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:02 pm

Well thats what i love here so much.. when ppl tell theire problemes and instead of just complaining they try to find ways to solve them!

to add some ideas:

1) well we need to raise up skills again.. i guess through a new Vendor i know its a pain to raise skills again .. ok well ive a mage.. but still i can imagine how frustraiting it can be not beeing able to hit the target. (Although for Met it wont change anything Razz )

2)you mentioned that already Ayerik, but i didnt understand lol .. New Vendors for rep... cause to spend all the time with farming again would be a pain.. a lot ppl got rep with Queldanas and were already exalted.. we need to make more Tokens and share them at least among the lvl 70 .. there wont be an abuse .. we know mostly who worked for theire rep and who didnt. And when the guys got theire rep back it shouldnt be a problem to get theire Gear back.. so we dont have to worry about the Gear really.

Well its important that both sides are contente.. I know it wont be easy for our devs to create all these vendors .. etc..and they will need time .. so Patience is required.
Just i think as well that we should try to compensate the things you lost and worked so hard for .Our "job" isnt to lead you to frustration (except Rev Razz ) we trying to make this place for you enjoyable. you should have fun and kick some asses Razz ..so dont worry we will find a way Wink

Our devs: Wacco Den War are unique.. they know how to fix things Wink the only pro .. they are Horde .. but well nobody is perfect Razz lol (you know joke ive as well an Horde Razz)

Last edited by Akira on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rexis
Contributer
Contributer

Embers Credits : 3681

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:04 pm

Go back to bed aki, your english is bad at night. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vendég

PostSubject: Ideas for re-migration   Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:06 pm

Well it was always bad .. but the guys always knew what i mean !!!

And rex die just DIE REX DIE!!!
Back to top Go down
Aoi
Contributer
Contributer

Embers Credits : 3661

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:13 pm

What Aeryk said!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bitterjesus
Vendég

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:29 pm

He said that? lol .. hmm well as i already mentioned in my text!!! I didnt understand!!

So forgive me Ayerik for stealing your lines and putting them in my broken-english

Ps: AOI YOU TOO DIE JUST DIE!
Back to top Go down
Katje
WoW Genius
WoW Genius

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:32 pm

Lmao. Where are you from Akira? Well, we spoke just amongst Guild...Aeryk got here first, haha. But he said it very well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wardemon
Administrator
Administrator

Embers Credits : 4841

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:43 am

Reputation gain is 2.5x so you should be able to get rep in moment. Also if you use most of your tokens to rep.vendor you get higher on rep than you were. I tested that.

Tokens should also cover your money quite good for spells and mounts. About skills, that is hard part cus we should go over you all ppl and just guess what skill would be good but perhaps we put on all lvl70 it to somewhere, allthought I leveled mine from zero already to high counts in just hours.

Aeryk your ideas are good but they make server fun server if your able to buy all, dont take me wrong, this was not fun for any of us so as solution I raise primal stuff drop rate for week or two high rates. I announce this when its done. Also gold drop rate for time being might be raised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mac
Know It All
Know It All

Embers Credits : 3660

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:38 am

Wardemon wrote:
Reputation gain is 2.5x so you should be able to get rep in moment. Also if you use most of your tokens to rep.vendor you get higher on rep than you were. I tested that.

Tokens should also cover your money quite good for spells and mounts. About skills, that is hard part cus we should go over you all ppl and just guess what skill would be good but perhaps we put on all lvl70 it to somewhere, allthought I leveled mine from zero already to high counts in just hours.

Aeryk your ideas are good but they make server fun server if your able to buy all, dont take me wrong, this was not fun for any of us so as solution I raise primal stuff drop rate for week or two high rates. I announce this when its done. Also gold drop rate for time being might be raised.

I vote for raisning the drop rates for a week! Seems like less work for u all! U're already busting ur ass off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aoi
Contributer
Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:45 am

Akira wrote:
He said that? lol .. hmm well as i already mentioned in my text!!! I didnt understand!!

So forgive me Ayerik for stealing your lines and putting them in my broken-english

Can you please act like you are a GM on here at least? Its rather unbecoming of you. Thanks.

p.s. If you don't know what acting like a GM means then i would ask Den or War or any other GM.
Back to top Go down
Vendég

PostSubject: Ideas for re-migration   Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:09 am

Well i was joking Aoi .. stop being offending play your Game .. when i come someday to a point where i need your advices.. i already know that im lost.. so God sake this time didnt come yet ... lets hope noone will...

Try to get over the fact that you failed as an healer at the event we made once .. since then you dont stop being offending like a child .. just because i told you what you have done wrong .. well its a game dont take it serious.
Back to top Go down
Aoi
Contributer
Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:19 pm

Akira wrote:
Well i was joking Aoi .. stop being offending play your Game .. when i come someday to a point where i need your advices.. i already know that im lost.. so God sake this time didnt come yet ... lets hope noone will...

Try to get over the fact that you failed as an healer at the event we made once .. since then you dont stop being offending like a child .. just because i told you what you have done wrong .. well its a game dont take it serious.

I accept your apology! <3!
Back to top Go down
Shandris
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Embers Credits : 3704

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:28 pm

Akira wrote:

At least write his name correctly,for God's sake.
Its Aeryk not Ayerik
Rex had point...ur english sux at night..go get some beauty sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turk
Administrator
Administrator

Embers Credits : 5425

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:38 pm

Shandris wrote:
Akira wrote:

At least write his name correctly,for God's sake.
Its Aeryk not Ayerik
Rex had point...ur english sux at night..go get some beauty sleep

into ur face Aki lol... Razz
/* sorry i had to post that xP ˝/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://embersofthelegion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
aeryk
Know It All
Know It All

Embers Credits : 3662

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:58 pm

Ah , good to see the flaming kick up no matter what the post Smile

Thanks, War and you other GMs, for listening and acting on this. Increasing the gold and primals drop rate (even if only for a week or 10 days or whatever) will make a huge difference. I agree with you that this should not become a "fun"server, and changing the drop rate temporarily is an easy way to help us get back on our feet.

One last idea: is it possible to change the cooldown on the crafted items to one day for this same week? That's one other thing people have been upset about, and the primal might (and mooncloth and others) CD is LONG. Not that you're busy or anything I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellknight
WoW Genius
WoW Genius

Embers Credits : 3683

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:33 pm

i understand the pain aeryk is feeling...those primal cloths take months to be created....he already had like 4-6 of them...... 3days 20 hours cooldown is not fun specially when u can only create 2 of them and require like 30 of them for the set

(P.S.you do the math....lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metsakurat
WoW Genius
WoW Genius

Embers Credits : 3822

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:18 am

Lets face it, just 2,5x rep isnt gonna make it all good what we have lost. It sure doesnt give me back my gear i did with BS so i need the primals so the primal idea was pretty good. O, and getting from neutral or friendly to exalted with only 2,5x rep rate ? You gotta be kidding me, still takes forever. Aeryk ideas were just perfect, doesnt overpower the players, but also doesnt give us back everything we had...comeon GMs u could do that much to us...look around, everybody are leaving alrdy. Even hordes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wardemon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:15 am

Darkmoon faire coming to town. As you know, they sell primals and lots other nice stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katje
WoW Genius
WoW Genius

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:24 pm

Lol. And what about those of us who don't need primals? What's our compensation? You guys can't be stingy, lmao. rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turk
Administrator
Administrator

Embers Credits : 5425

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:39 pm

Katje wrote:
Lol. And what about those of us who don't need primals? What's our compensation? You guys can't be stingy, lmao. rendeer

umm..Katje....every1 needs primals...thats like bread..u cannot live w/o primals lolzor.

just a few examples:

-can Tharban make Blazeguard w/o primals?
-can Gilford make Thunder w/o primals?
-can Shandris make Golden Spellthread w/o primals?
-can Hectai make Assassin's Alchemist Stone w/o primals?

i hope u see my point lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://embersofthelegion.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Katje
WoW Genius
WoW Genius

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:21 pm

I see exactly what you're saying. I'm just saying, not everyone needs primals, lol. The lower levels who lost their characters can't benefit from them. The compensation should include all, not just the 70's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wardemon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:45 pm

We can talk about this till end of time but weve now done what we see serves all players best.
So lets just keep playing and have fun, shall we? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexis
Contributer
Contributer

Embers Credits : 3681

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:09 pm

Turk wrote:

Considering she dont play here anymore, she cant either way. Razz

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denyde
Head of Staff
Head of Staff

Embers Credits : 6952

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:06 am

Rexis wrote:
Turk wrote:

Considering she dont play here anymore, she cant either way. Razz

lol

you dont either...but we still like the company cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for re-migration   

Back to top Go down

Ideas for re-migration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Embers of the Legion - Official Forum :: News-